Ebeneezers Fire Cause Identified

Published 08/25 2016 09:39PM

Updated 08/25 2016 09:39PM

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

The cause of a fire in downtown Minot over the weekend was caused by 'carelessly discarded smoking materials.'

Minot Fire Marshall Brian Anderson says the fire was contained in the upper floor, known as the penthouse.

The main level floor is occupied by Ebeneezer's Irish Pub and Eatery.

Eight people were evacuated from the building Sunday night.

Clean up at the resturant began Tuesday.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.