Going green is not as hard as you think and is actually a win-win because you not only help save the planet by reducing waste and unnecessary energy but also can save money in the long run.
Here are 25 simple things you can start doing every day to make a difference on the environment.
1. Take shorter showers.
2. Turn off the lights when not in use.
3. Use reusable bags when shopping.
4. Choose paperless bills or receipts.
5. Re-purpose old clothes into cleaning rags.
6. Take the bus or other public transportation to work.
7. Wash laundry in cold water instead of hot water.
8. Start composting at home.
9. Plant your own garden.
10. Use energy efficient light bulbs (LED).
11. Keep food in re-usable glass containers.
12. Eat less meat.
13. Recycle your old cell phones.
14. Use natural non-chemical cleaners.
15. Install of a programmable thermostat.
16. Turn off your computer or other electronics when you're not using them.
17. Air dry clothes on clothesline or drying rack.
18. Use rechargeable batteries.
19. Donate old clothes or toys instead of throwing them away.
20. Skip having your towels and sheets changed daily at your hotel.
21. Upgrade your appliances to energy efficient versions.
22. Bring your own coffee mug when purchasing coffee - you may get a discount too!
23. Use natural, non-chemical cleaners.
24. Clean with a cloth or microfiber cloth instead of paper towels.
25. Buy used instead of new.